Useful information on hiring a crane from Riley’s Crane Hire
You can hire a crane in two different ways. Which way you choose depends on whether you have the necessary expertise and insurance cover in place to meet current legislation.
If you are not sure which is the best option for you, please consider the following information displayed on this page.
All lifts involving a crane must have
- A risk assessment carried out prior to any lift
- A method statement and lift plan prepared by an appointed person
- A qualified or competent crane supervisor in charge of the operation
- A qualified or competent slinger / signaller
- Sufficient insurance cover for all personnel involved, members of the public, machinery and for the items being lifted
- All crane hire companies work to the terms and conditions of the CPA (Construction Plant Hire Association) and in accordance with BS7121 (The Safe Use of Cranes) and LOLER regulations.
- We offer you the option of lifts based on CPA conditions, where we will supply a suitable crane and qualified operator or on a CPA Contract Lift basis, where our experienced team will control lifting operations.
Need more information or professional advice?
If you would like friendly, professional advice and would like to discuss your crane hire requirements in more detail, then please contact us and we will be happy to help you. Contact us on 07976 205 145.
For more information on any of our services contact our team today